1.1 Definition and scope of study
Sushi is a dish of Japanese origin based on vinegar rice (the shari ) and another ingredient (the neta ), most often raw fish. Sushi is regularly accompanied by other ingredients that play a full part in their consumption (ginger, wasabi, sweet or savoury soy sauce). Although their consumption is relatively rare in Japan, the recipe is extremely popular around the world
There are several types of sushi
- Makis - roll sushi wrapped in seaweed
- Temakis - the preparation is similar to maki, in the form of a cone
- Nigiris - Raw fish slice on an oval shaped rice ball
Sushi is served mainly in restaurants but as the popularity of this dish increases around the world, it is increasingly being distributed in Large and Medium-Sized Surfaces (GMS) as well as the delivery .
The world market is growing driven by the dynamism of Japanese restaurants in all regions of the world, led by Asia and North America
Known for its high consumption of fish and seafood, sushi is gaining more and more importance in Portuguese culinary culture . The wide availability of fresh produce facilitates the spread of this type of food in the country, which is further strengthened by the large number of tourists visiting Portugal each year These factors have made the country the largest per capita consumer of fish in the European Union (more than 53.8 kg/year), according to data from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), which show enormous potential for players still wishing to enter this market.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The sushi market - France
Publicado en 22/09/2022 by Patrick Duval Paris
Bonne étude qui fait bien le tour de la question et donne tous les chiffres sur le secteur. D'autant plus précieuse qu'on ne trouve absolument rien de récent sur le marché du sushi.
Merci Patrick pour votre avis. Nous sommes ravis d'avoir été à la hauteur de vos attentes.
The sushi market - France
Publicado en 09/02/2022 by Edwige Maraux - Guillon Emballage
A complete study
Thank you very much for your very positive and detailed feedback, as well as for the trust you have placed in us.