the market of local products
1.1 Definition and scope of study
Local products refer to food products that are considered to be being part of the gastronomy local with a traditional and local component.
The market for local products is characterized by a diversity of products (dairy products, meat, fruit and vegetables, etc.) and a a large number of competitively-intensive players (private labels, food giants, local producers, innovative SMEs, etc.) In the market for local products, the performance of companies depends heavily on the commitment of regional consumers to these products, while attracting customers across borders.
According to data from the Cetelem Observer, local products appeal to 94% of the Portuguese, and for 45% of citizens The consumption of locally produced goods is above all considered a patriotic duty. Concern for the environment is also another criterion taken into account when assessing local consumption. However, even with confidence in local products and concern for the environment, 52 per cent of respondents said they would be willing to spend more to replace mass products with local products For 72% of the population, price remains the determining factor hindering consumption
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months