Turnover: 1.59 billion EUR (2022)

Country: France

  • Belongs to Groupe Limagrain, €1.6 billion by 2022)
  • World leader in seeds ahead of Bayer Monsanto and Syngenta

News

Vilmorin bids farewell to the Paris Bourse after Limagrain's successful takeover bid 11/08/2023

  • Vilmorin is the world's fourth largest seed company.
  • Its historical shareholder, the Limagrain cooperative, held 71.25% of its shares.
  • Limagrain had crossed the threshold of 90% of the French seeds company's capital and voting rights.
  • Vilmorin was valued at 1.43 billion euros, with 7,200 employees.
  • The company's sales for fiscal 2021-2022 were 1.587 billion euros, with net income of 95.4 million euros.
  • Limagrain is present in 49 countries and is owned by 1,300 farmers.

Limagrain wants to take seed company Vilmorin off the stock market 02/05/2023

  • Vilmorin is the world's fourth largest seed company.
  • The cooperative Limagrain, Vilmorin's controlling shareholder, holds 71.25% of the shares and will launch a simplified tender offer for the remaining 28.75%.
  • The seed company generated around 10% of its sales in Russia and Ukraine.
  • The Limagrain cooperative group boasts sales of 2.1 billion euros and net income of 82 million euros.
  • Every year, Vilmorin invests over 16% of its sales in research and development.
  • Vilmorin generates around 75% of its sales from field seeds and 25% from vegetable seeds.

Vilmorin: First-half profits thanks to field crops. 31/03/2023

  • Sales for the first half (to end December) of the 2022/2023 financial year: 706.5 million euros
  • - Sales growth: 24.6%
  • - Organic growth: 19.6%
  • - Field seeds (61.2% of sales): 38.3% increase
  • - Vegetable Seeds: 0.7% decline

Vilmorin's strategy for remaining world leader in vegetable seeds is to focus on innovation. 18/05/2022

  • Seeds sales 700 million a year
  • More than 30 million seeds sold every year by the French giant, a subsidiary of the Limagrain agricultural cooperative
  • 19% of Vilmorin's sales are in Italy.
  • More than 320 different varieties on the market.
  • The group devotes 16.4% of its annual sales to research and development, half of which is devoted to vegetable seeds, enabling it to market more than 320 different varieties.

Financial Data

DUNS: 377913728

Legal Name: VILMORIN & CIE

Address: 4 QUAI DE LA MEGISSERIE , 75001 PARIS 1

Number of employees: Entre 250 et 499 salariés (2020)

Capital: 349 488 703 EUR


Financial Data:

Year 2021 2019 2017 2016 2015
Turnover 93 894 000 84 244 000 78 277 000 80 819 000 62 250 000
Gross margin (€) 95 380 000 104 480 000 - - -
EBITDA (€) -4 981 000 6 129 000 65 896 000 67 290 -
Operating profit (€) -14 253 000 -5 327 000 65 896 000 67 290 -
Net profit (€) 57 910 42 382 000 26 253 000 32 700 000 14 580 000
Turnover growth rate (%) -1,2 2,5 -3,1 29,8 -
Ebitda margin rate (%) -5,3 7,3 - - -
Operating margin rate (%) -15,2 -6,4 - - -
Working Capital (turnover days) 1 614,9 2 304,8 - - -
Working Capital requirements (turnover days) -40,7 -40,1 - - -
Net margin (%) 0,1 505,6 - - -
Added value / Turnover (%) 29,7 19,8 - - -
Wages and social charges (€) 33 607 000 29 281 000 - - -
Salaries / Turnover (%) 35,8 34,9 - - -

Company Managers:

Position First Name Last Name Age Linkedin
Président du conseil d'administration,Directeur général Sébastien Vidal 47
Directeur général délégué Franck Roger Berger 65
Administrateur Marie-Yvonne Guillaume 64
Administrateur Séverine Fabre 44
Administrateur Géraldine Pron 55
Administrateur Pierre-Antoine Rigaud 35
Administrateur Eric Julien Greliche 49

Studies mentioning this company

> Besoin de plus d'information sur cette entreprise (SWOT, PESTEL, son marché) ? Demandez à SectorGPT (gratuit)

 

Ask Sector-GPT  

Sector-GPT est la première IA dédiée aux informations sectorielles.