Country: United Kingdom
Genius specializes in the manufacture of gluten-free bakery products.
With the acquisition of a gluten-free factory in 2013, the company has consolidated its leading position in the fast-growing gluten-free market.
Genius is present in supermarkets around the world, including the UK, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Australia and the United Arab Emirates.
7.5 million loan for gluten-free bakery Genius Foods 12/04/2023
- Genius Foods was taken over last year by Katjes Greenfood, the investment arm of German confectionery group Katjes.
- Genius Foods' retail sales fell by 5% to £29m last year, on top of a 9% decline in 2021.
- In comparison, Warburtons' gluten-free sales reached £30m.
- Genius Foods was founded in 2009 and its products are available in all UK supermarkets and catering outlets.
- The company also has a presence in Europe and Australia.
- In 2021, Genius Foods launched a range of breads baked with active cultures, a first in the UK. The range, including breads, rolls and buns, is rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals, while remaining gluten-free.
Genius Foods set to expand after securing £7.5 millionGenius Foods set to expand 06/04/2023
- The company was acquired by Katjes Greenfood, a subsidiary of the German confectionery group Katjes.
- Genius Foods supplies a range of gluten-free products to supermarkets in the UK, Europe and Australia.
- Genius Foods supplies high quality products to the increasingly popular allergen-free food and wellness sectors in the UK, Europe and beyond.
Studies mentioning this company
Other companies mentioned:
- Nutrition & Santé Groupe
- ABCD Nutrition
- Dr Schär
- La vie Claire
- Biscuiterie de Provence
- Ekibio (Groupe Lea Biodiversité)
- Bio c' Bon
- Nature & Cie
- Aglina Paradeigma
- Genius Gluten Free
- Jardin Bio (Léa Nature)
- Le Pain des Fleurs
- Ma Vie Sans Gluten - Ekibio
- Max de Génie
- No Gluten Pro - Allergonline