Organization whose mission is to help the cultivation and production of almonds in the south of France
Relocation of the arboricultural sector 30/06/2023
- Arnaud Montebourg tackles the relocation of the almond industry in France
- Compagnie des Amandes (CDA) has raised 10.2 million euros to finance the planting of orchards.
- 210 hectares have already been planted, and more than double that number should be planted by the end of the year.
- CDA plans to capture part of the production from some 2,000 hectares of almond plantations scattered among some 1,000 southern growers.
- CDA hopes to process 20% of the national crop (300 tonnes) by next year, and half by 2030.
- CDA's own production is estimated at 2,200 tonnes by 2030.
- The plant is expected to generate sales of 30 million euros by 2030.
Compagnie des amandes to set up a nutcracker in the Var region 29/06/2023
- La Compagnie des amandes, a company created in 2018.
- Construction of a 7,000 m² building on a 21,000 m² site in Signes (Var).
- Total investment for the project is 12 million euros
- The company plans to process its own almonds in three or four years.
- For its first campaign, the company plans to absorb 20% of the national harvest, or 300 tons.