Turnover: 20 billion EUR (2021)
- Founded in 1829, the Bolloré Group is an extremely diversified group, present notably in transport and logistics, in communications with the Vivendi Group, and in electricity storage.
- Group of 73,000 employees
september 2, 2020 - Bolloré suffers heavy defeat in car rental market - Source(Lyon Entreprise)
- In six years, Bolloré had rented 735,000 electric cars, covering almost 6 million kilometers.
- In 2019, with its 51 stations in Lyon and Villeurbanne, Bluely had 10,300 active subscribers.
- These used 250 self-service electric cars and 500 charging stations.
- The company launched a 4-hour package starting at 19.90 euros, and a 6-hour package starting at 29.90 euros.
- However, the lack of profitability of the service, exacerbated by the Covid-19 crisis, led the group to close its Bluely subsidiary in Lyon
The Bolloré Group in a time of industrial doldrums 11/10/2023
- 2022: sale of Bolloré Africa Logistics to shipowner MSC (for 5.7 billion euros)
- May 2023 CMA-CGM announced it was taking over the group's logistics activities, for 4.65 billion euros
- Bolloré Logistics represents a third of the Group's activities (7.1 billion euros)
- This leaves communications and media (9.6 billion euros)
- Bolloré Energy (3.6 billion euros), a specialist in oil and biofuel logistics and distribution in France, Germany and Switzerland.
- Industry division (€369 million, EBITA) -€125 million,
- the Industry division covers Blue's electric mobility activities (energy storage, LMP batteries and Bluebus), with four plants in Ergué-Gabéric and Canada, three ultra-thin shrink-film and dielectric-film capacitor plants in Brittany and the United States, and the systems division (Automatic Systems, Easier, IER, Bluecar, etc.)
Bolloré and Foxconn join forces to supply Indonesia with electric scooters 04/10/2023
- For the Bolloré Group, the future of solid-state batteries lies in two-wheeled vehicles.
- Its subsidiary Blue Solutions has announced that it has signed a memorandum of understanding with Foxconn, the world's largest electronics manufacturing group, to jointly develop an all-solid battery ecosystem.
- Objective: development and production of batteries for two-wheeled vehicles (motorcycles, scooters, etc.)
- Target markets: Indonesia, which has a production target of 2 million two-wheelers by 2024
- According to McKinsey, the global two-wheeler market is expected to reach around $218 billion by 2029, with average annual growth of 8.7%.
- Blue Solutions is the only company to produce cells, modules and all-solid-state battery packs in France and Canada.
- The Bolloré group has already invested 3 billion euros in Blue Solutions, and has distributed over a million cells on the market.
Bolloré benefits from soaring freight and energy costs 15/03/2023
- -Net income: 2.7 billion euros
- -Sales: 20.7 billion euros -Ebitda: 1.5 billion
- -Transport & Logistics sales: 7.11 billion euros -Ebitda 437 million euros
- -Oil branch sales: +45%
- -Battery sales in decline
- -In 2021Capital gain on sale of Universal Music: 19.9 billion euros
-Sale of Bolloré Africa Logistics, its port and logistics activities on the African continent (sales: 2.6 billion euros)
Prior to this sale, Bolloré Logistics had 600 agencies in 111 countries and 13,500 employees.
Bolloré closes its African port venture and sells its African activities to MSC 02/01/2023
- A turning point for Bolloré, which has built the largest transport and logistics network in Africa
- Bolloré Africa Logistics' activities include over forty port concessions (Côte d'Ivoire, Cameroon, Gabon, Togo...), sixteen container terminals, three rail lines (Benin, Cameroon, Niger...) and a vast network of warehouses in over forty countries.
- It generates sales of just over 2 billion euros and employs 21,000 people.
- MSC increasingly aims to manage the international transport of goods from A to Z, from factory to store
- Headquartered in Geneva, MSC boasts a fleet of 560 ships and manages several major terminals, including Singapore, Long Beach in California and Rotterdam.
Bolloré sells its African ports for €5 billion 22/12/2022
- Switzerland's MSC acquires Bolloré's African logistics activities
- French group retains shipping and media activities
- It has built infrastructures in many African countries, a unique network of sixteen port concessions, warehouses and road and rail hubs
- A business generating €2 billion in revenues
Legal Name: BOLLORE SE
Address: ODET , 29500 ERGUE-GABERIC
Number of employees: Entre 500 et 999 salariés (2020)
Capital: 472 062 300 EUR
|Turnover||149 516 000||143 249 000||144 209 000||153 281 000||153 749 000||151 643 000||150 443 000|
|Gross margin (€)||132 579 000||137 659 000||133 187 000||138 076||-||248 073 000||-|
|EBITDA (€)||12 161 000||21 586 000||9 604 000||2 471||-||360 575 000||-|
|Operating profit (€)||-706 000||10 296 000||-2 173 000||-11 154||-||373 464 000||-|
|Net profit (€)||235 740 000||181 084 000||16 744 000||-135 150 000||90 788 000||43 252 000||99 985 000|
|Turnover growth rate (%)||4,4||-0,7||-5,9||-0,3||1,4||0,8||-|
|Ebitda margin rate (%)||8,1||15,1||6,7||1,6||-||237,8||-|
|Operating margin rate (%)||-0,5||7,2||-1,5||-7,3||-||246,3||-|
|Working Capital (turnover days)||157,4||1 377,8||2 779||3 990,8||-||3 380,5||-|
|Working Capital requirements (turnover days)||52,2||35,2||24,8||34,1||-||42,6||-|
|Net margin (%)||157,7||126,4||11,6||-88,2||-||28,5||-|
|Added value / Turnover (%)||30||34,6||26,5||24,1||-||170,6||-|
|Wages and social charges (€)||62 217 000||58 977 000||59 359 000||63 137||-||-57 693 000||-|
|Salaries / Turnover (%)||41,6||41,2||41,2||41,2||-||-38||-|
|Position||First Name||Last Name||Age|
|Président, Directeur général||Cyrille||BOLLORE||38|
|Vice-président du conseil d'administration, Administrateur||Cédric||DE BAILLIENCOURT||54|
|Administrateur||Chantal Marie Nicole Jeanne||BOLLORE||80|
|Administrateur représentant les salariés||Nicolas||ALTEIRAC||43|
|Administrateur représentant les salariés||David||MACMILLAN||68|
Studies mentioning this company
Other companies mentioned:
- LG Chem
- Viridian Lithium
- Green Corp Konnection GCK
- Vulcan Energy
- Blue Solutions
- Tiamat Energy
- Tyva Energie
- Neogy (Startec Energy Groupe)
- GS Yuasa
- Foresee Power
- Batteries Prod
- Vélo Batterie- Batteries Prod
- Stellantis (Groupe PSA et Fiat)
- Volkswagen Group
- Audi (Volkswagen Group)
- Tata Group
- Nawa Technologies
- Samsung Group
- SK Group Korea