1.1 Definition and presentation
The warehousing and storage market is based around storage services provided to distributors which provide merchandize, refrigerated goods, and other warehouse products.
These facilities generally handle goods in containers, such as boxes and barrels using equipment such as forklifts, pallets, and racks. They are not specialized in handling bulk products of any particular type, size, or quantity of goods or products.
Asia-Pacific account for the largest global market size of around 35%, followed by North America’s 30%. The storage and warehouse industry is growing, and becoming more efficient, precise and faster due to technology. [Businesswire] The British market employs around 157,000 people. It has experienced strong growth since 2014, due to strong online expenditure and retail sales growth. Moreover, many warehouses now play an important role in the supply chain by serving as distribution centers where goods can be packed and shipped. [IBIS] In the UK 1500 individual units make up 420 million sq ft of property, where retail makes up 35% of all stock. [Cambridgeshirechamber]
Key market players in the UK include Amazon, DHL, and XPO.
Brexit is having a large impact on the industry. To mitigate any supply shocks, companies have been piling up on their inventories. Consequently, in December 2018, prices to store goods increased by 25%.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages