the carpentry market
1.1 Definition and presentation
Woodworking refers to the set of activities through which the carpenters work the wood, while carpentry refers to the set of activities of construction and assembly of more elements, the latter therefore has a greater radius and differs from the former in techniques and methods of processing.
Woodworking has ancient origins, as the material was used in ancient times for the creation of a variety of objects (e.g. weapons, working tools). According to the BWF, the sector employed 60,000 people in 2018 in the UK.
The global market consists players such as Huarun, Nippon, Dulux, Levis, Düfa, and Bauhinia. Moreover, the UK market is highly fragmented; there are close to 7,000 registered businesses. From 2014-2019, the market grew by 4.8% per year.
The carpentry industry is dependent on the price of raw materials, where higher prices drive revenue growth. Another indicator of growth is the number of new houses built. Ultimately, this implies that the carpentry industry is also dependent on the health of the economy.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months