Manufacturer of insect-based pet food
Insects : Invers boosts production capacity 31/07/2023
- Invers was founded in 2016, employing 30 people.
- The company expects sales of 3 million euros this year, a threefold increase on every year since it was founded.
- Invers raised €15 million a year ago.
- Invers has just commissioned a breeding unit in a 4,000 m² building in Saint-Ignat, Puy-de-Dôme.
- This rearing unit will produce up to 5 billion insect larvae every month.
- Invers has invested 8 million euros to install this new rearing unit and 1.5 million euros to increase its capacity to transform insects into ingredients for animal nutrition.
- With its new rearing facility, Invers will be able to supply 25 farmer-breeders.
- The company signs a ten-year contract with these farmers.
- The meals produced by Invers are used by the animal feed industry.