- Created in 2016 by Aude Guo and Clément Ray, the company is developing a technology to raise The Hermetia Illucens fly to produce animal feed.
- The company is raising €140 million in November 2020 to finance its development
- Two production sites in France and one in the USA
- 350 employees
Innovafeed raises flies on a production line in the Somme with AI 09/05/2023
- French start-up specialized in insect-based protein production, launched seven years ago.
- Innovafeed's technology uses the black soldier fly (Hermetia illucens) to create animal and plant proteins.
- Innovafeed has raised up to €450 million from investors including US food giants Cargill and Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM), the Qatar Fund and the Mulliez family.
- The black soldier fly used by Innovafeed can multiply its weight by 10,000 in just two weeks.
- The company has secured one billion euros in contracts between now and 2030.
- Innovafeed has invested 25 million euros in the extension of its Nesle site, which should reach over 50,000 m2 of floor space on completion.
- Innovafeed plans to replicate its model in Illinois, USA, with the opening of a plant in 2024.
Innovafeed insects ready to feed fish and poultry 20/09/2022
- The French start-up is positioning itself on the backyard chicken feed market in the United States.
- It made a name for itself by breeding beetles to produce powder used in feed for farm animals and pets
- Acquisition of Jord Producers, an American company that raises mealworms and sells them whole (live or dried) to backyard hen owners.
- market estimated at 400 million euros in the U.S
- Ÿnsect has raised over 360 million euros since its creation in 2011
- plant producing insect-based ingredients for animal feed near Amiens, France