Turnover: 330 million EUR (2022)
Country: United Kingdom
Europe's leading craft brewer
BrewDog, the punk beer that's shaking up the European market 15/10/2023
- In the space of fifteen years, the Scottish company has become Europe's largest craft brewery.
- Its beers range from IPAs (Indian Pale Ale) to stouts, sours, ambers and blondes, and are sold in 65 countries.
- BrewDog produces 1 million hectolitres a year,
- Sales have risen from £3.4 million in 2009 to £286 million in 2021.
- The company now has 4 breweries: in Ellon, north of Aberdeen in Ohio, in Germany and in Australia.
- 65% of its beers are sold in supermarkets
- BrewDog has its own chain of bars.
- BrewDog opened its first establishment in Aberdeen in 2009. The group now has 125 (Shanghai, Oslo, Sydney, Madrid, Paris, Nice ....
- Since 2018, BrewDog has also operated hotels (four in Ohio, Edinburgh, Manchester and Aberdeen,
- the brand employs 3,000 people, and generates 40% of its sales outside the UK, including 15% in the USA.
- In Europe, France is its biggest market, ahead of Germany.
- punk IPA accounts for around 60% of sales, with the group's other brands accounting for 40%.)
- Sale of 22% of BrewDog to venture capital group TSG Consumer Partners in 2017
- Ambitions: triple sales in the United States
- Between 2002 and 2019, the proportion of Britons aged 16 to 24 who drink at least once a month fell from 67% to 41%, and 23% are total abstainers
Studies mentioning this company
Other companies mentioned:
- Brasserie Castelain
- Ninkasi Brasserie
- Brasserie du Mont Blanc
- Brasserie Cap d’Ona
- Brasserie Thiriez
- Brasserie la Parisienne
- La Brasserie Fondamentale
- Brasserie La Débauche
- La Brasserie du Grand Paris
- Brasserie Parisis (Newbeers group)
- Gallia Braserie (Heineken Groupe)
- Brasserie de l'Être
- The Piggy Brewing Company
- Brasserie Effet Papillon
- Brasserie Deck & Donohue
- Brasserie de Bretagne
- Brasserie Goudale
- Brasserie Meteor
- Brasserie Licorne
- Brasseries Duyck (Jenlain)
- Brasserie Palm
- Stella Groupe
- Bière Perle
- Stella Artois (Hanheuser Busch)
- Rince Cochon
- Pelforth (Heineken)
- Guinness (Diageo)
- Bière Amsterdam (Asahi Brands)
- Brasserie du Montblanc (Duvel Moortgat Group)
- Newbeer group - Melusine Brasserie