Turnover: 534 million EUR (2022)
- Boiron is the world leader in homeopathy.
- Its historical market is France, but the group now generates the majority of its sales internationally.
With the delisting of homeopathy, the group has decided to strengthen its presence in other segments, such as probiotics.
Homeopathy: the Boiron family wants to delist the laboratory 05/07/2023
- The Boiron family group controls almost 70% of the homeopathic laboratory's capital.
- The family-owned laboratory employs 2,750 people.
- The laboratory posted sales of 534 million euros, up 17% year-on-year.
Valérie Lorentz-Poinsot leads the diversification of Boiron, the champion of homeopathy 06/05/2023
- In 2022, Boiron's homeopathy business grew by 1%.
- Growth was driven in particular by North America.
- Boiron's sales in 2022 will be 534 million euros, an increase of 17%.
- Two years ago, sales fell by 40%.
- Restructuring led to the loss of 512 jobs and the closure of thirteen sites. Headcount in France at 1,800.
Boiron: a successful 2022 thanks to innovation. 05/04/2023
- - Boiron was founded in 1932 by Jean and Henri Boiron, and is 69.7% owned by the family.
- - Boiron's sales for 2022 have rebounded by 17.4% compared with 2021, reaching over 534 million euros.
- - In France, Boiron's sales for 2022 amount to 261 million euros, an increase of 9.4%.
- - Boiron controls almost 90% of the French homeopathic market.
- - By 2021, Boiron's sales had fallen to 455.20 million euros, compared with 604 million in 2018.
- - Sales of products launched by Boiron since 2020 generated 77.6 million euros in 2022.
- - Boiron has diversified into Covid-19 and flu screening tests, which generated 50 million euros in 2022.
- - Boiron has 2,769 employees, including 1,811 in France.
- - In 2022, Boiron obtained 223 marketing authorizations worldwide.
- - Boiron is present in 50 countries, with sales in North America of €120.5 million in 2022, an increase of 43.7%.
- - Boiron has diversified into probiotics, dietary supplements and cosmetics, with the acquisition of start-up Abbi for 1.75 million euros in February 2022.
Medicines: Boiron laboratories saved by Covid tests 29/01/2023
- Sales of 534 million euros by 2022, up 17%
- Agreements with Breton company NG Biotech, for which it assembles and distributes tests from its Messimy plant
- Agreement with Sino-American laboratory Anbio to market its Covid tests
- Closure of several preparation and distribution centers across the country
- In beauty, Boiron acquired Abbi, a start-up, for 1.75 million euros in the first half of 2022
Legal Name: BOIRON
Address: 2 AV DE L'OUEST LYONNAIS , 69510 MESSIMY
Number of employees: Entre 2 000 et 4 999 salariés (2019)
Capital: 17 545 408 EUR
|Year||Turnover (€)||Net Profit (€)||Fiscal Year End||Fiscal Year Duration|
|2021||320 671 000 EUR||21 633 000 EUR||31/12/2021||12|
|2020||404 422 000 EUR||9 146 000 EUR||31/12/2020||12|
|2019||423 694 000 EUR||37 941 000 EUR||31/12/2019||12|
|2018||494 072 000 EUR||63 578 000 EUR||31/12/2018||12|
|2017||488 858 000 EUR||82 584 000 EUR||31/12/2017||12|
|2016||487 095 000 EUR||95 871 000 EUR||31/12/2016||12|