Turnover: 225 million EUR (2022)
- The ARQANA group was born of the merger between Agence Française de Vente de Pur-Sang and Goffs France in 2006.
- ARQANA is the second largest sales agency in Europe.
- ARQANA organizes sales of thoroughbred and trotting racehorses.
- In particular, it organizes the Deauville sales, one of the world's largest thoroughbred yearling auctions. A total of eighteen sales are organized each year, representing over 5,000 horses and a turnover of around 160 million euros.
Racehorses: Deauville sales go from strength to strength 20/08/2023
- 300 yearlings will be auctioned on August 18, 19 and 20.
- These sales have been held in Deauville since 1887.
- It is the leading thoroughbred market in France and the second largest in Europe.
- Majority owned by the Aga Khan IV, Arqana is backed by a consortium of French breeders (25%) and Artcurial (25%).
- Global sales of galloping horses have reached $3.4 billion in 2022, up from $2.7 billion in 2021 and $2.5 billion in 2019.
- Arqana has become the 6th largest auction house in France, with sales of 226 million euros in 2022
- Out of 4,500 horses presented in 2022, Arqana sold 4,300.
- Online auctions rose by 22% to 12 million euros.