1.1 Definition and presentation
Sushi identifies the set of dishes of Japanese origin based on boiled rice combined with other ingredients, among the most widely used raw fish or vegetables.
Today the term identifies an entire culinary tradition that has expanded worldwide, but originally dates back to about 2000 years ago. Boiled rice was in fact used in Japan as a method of preserving fish, which was placed between layers of rice, originally the rice was not eaten, but over time became part of the dish.
In Italy sushi has experienced a real boom in recent years, driving the export market of certain types of fish - salmon in first place. The popularity of Japanese cuisine is progressively changing the eating habits of an increasing number of Italians. The market seems to be taking advantage of the increase in out-of-home spending, which involves the entire territory. Moreover, sushi seems to have no stop in the various distribution channels, as Italians opt for restaurants, supermarkets and deliveries. Sushi is a popular ethnic dish, which is taking a seat alongside a variety of dishes that are gradually conquering the palate of Italians and taking root in the territory, a highly competitive context is therefore expected.
Para ler mais, compre o estudo completo
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Disponibilidade em 5 dias úteis
1 sector analisado
em 40 páginas