1.1 Definition and scope of study
Ice cream is a food obtained by freezing and beating certain ingredients. Although it is difficult to estimate the birth of ice cream, the Italian heritage of the product is recognized worldwide. The term "ice cream" refers to a particular method of producing and blending certain ingredients, so that there are a variety of types of ice cream.
A first distinction refers to the basis used for the production of the final product:
- White base (e.g. milk, cream, butter) ;
- Water base.
A second distinction concerns production :
- Industrial ice cream (also called "packaged") ;
- Handmade ice cream.
Ice creams and sorbets can be eaten at home after a supermarket purchase, directly from a freezer or inside a restaurant. In terms of volume, domestic consumption is dominated by products that are consumed individually (cones, sticks, etc.) and in jars (especially fruit jars), the rest being seasonal specialities (Christmas logs, etc.). This is the ice cream segment that has the greatest impact on sales of cold food and beverages during the summer period and consumption varies considerably throughout the year and from year to year, depending on weather conditions.
The warm climate on Portuguese soil This, combined with long, dry summers and increasingly mild winters, especially in coastal areas, shows an extremely favourable environment for this market. Despite this, the average consumption of ice cream is only 4.5 litres per person This is well below the European average consumption (7 litres per person). There are currently two very clear trends that can provide good opportunities for newcomers to the market lactose-free products low-fat or gluten-free ("healthier") and the craft segment with higher added value. In the latter segment, santini Gelato shows local success and is ranked among the 12 best ice creams in the world in partnership with Nestlé.
Per continuare a leggere, compra lo studio completo
Cosa contiene questa analisi di mercato?
- Quali sono i dati relativi alle dimensioni e alla crescita del mercato?
- Cosa sta influenzando l'andamento e l'evoluzione del mercato?
- Quali sono le ultime tendenze che guidano il mercato?
- Qual'è il posizionamento degli attori di mercato?
- Cosa distingue le aziende operanti del mercato l'una dall'altra?
- Segmentazione e profilo delle aziende operanti nel mercato
- Dati e numeri da una molteplicità di fonti
Disponibilità entro 5 giorni lavorativi
1 settore analizzato
in 40 pagine