The women's underwear market
The lingerie market refers to all sales of women's underwear and sleepwear: they are generally fine fabrics, embroidered or made of lace. The manufacture of lingerie is a difficult art to master as some types of lingerie can be made up of several dozen different elements to assemble (straps, frames, staples, lace, embroidery or even ornament).
There are different trends and different types of lingerie in France:
- Printed lingerie that is similar to swimsuit collections
- Retro lingerie inspired by models from the 1950s
- Comfort lingerie, which is characterized by the assembly of soft materials
- Lace lingerie
- "Smart" lingerie that aims to be more moisturizing or slimming for the body
The lingerie market has been experiencing a decline since 2016 in France, to which key companies in the sector are trying to react by adopting strategies to modernise their network and digitalise customer paths. In France, these main players are ETAM, Princess Tam Tam Tam and Aubade, which differ according to the different product ranges marketed. Faced with these players, others are emerging such as pure fashion players such as ASOS or Zalando, even as competition from supermarkets in lingerie distribution rages.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months