The Telecommunication Network Installation market
1.1 Presentation and definition of the installation of telecommunication networks in the UK
- Definitions of key words and market segmentation
Year electronic communications network can be defined as any transmission or broadcast facilities and, where appropriate, other means for the delivery of electronic communications, including those for switching and routing.
The following are considered as electronic communications networks satellite networks , terrestrial networks and and the networks providing broadcasting or used for the distribution of audiovisual communication services .
There are several types of networks to consider in the market according to to Futura Sciences
- LANs ( Local Area Network ), which is a communication system aiming to connect a few hundred computers and peripherals within a radius of a few kilometers . Appeared in the 1970s, the local network has grown considerably with the development of microcomputers in the 1980s and the advent of the ethernet communication standard
- WANs ( Wide Area Network ), which is a network typically consisting of several heterogeneous subnets extending over a region or an entire country . This network is only used for data . For the phone, it is called a long-distance network (trunk network, toll network or long-distance network).
Another distinction needs to be done between fixed-line networks and and mobile-line networks in the telecommunication industry. Moreover, residential line networks have to be differentiated from business ones.
- Current state of the British telecommunication networks market
According to the the UK Government , the the UK is a world leader in superfast connectivity with more than than 95% of premises covered . However, next generation Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) - or'full fibre' - coverage is only 4% where UK is lagging behind current world leaders like South Korea (c.99%), and Japan (c.97%) Mobile coverage is also improving – 87% of UK landmass has a 4G signal from at least one operator (compared to 78% in 2017).
Moreover, the UK Government has implemented clear objectives related to the availability of full-fibre and 5G networks in the country 15 million premises will be connected to full-fibre by 2025 and the whole country by 2033. To achieve this, the government plans to invest more than 30 billion GBP in the coming years , according to the same source.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months