1.1 Definition and presentation
An event can be defined as an organized event that has some distinctive features: it takes place in a specific place and has a time limit. Events can be distinguished according to a variety of criteria, in terms of content it is possible to identify, for example, sports, recreational or cultural events.
Sporting events are sports competitions with ancient origins and today they represent the largest part of the events sector. Their primacy is mainly due to their ability to attract a large number of spectators and considerable media coverage and consequently to generate an economic impact. The world sports market is characterized by rapid and cyclical growth, based on the organization of major media events. The latter represent real economic and sometimes even geopolitical challenges for the organizing countries. Hosting major sporting events is an opportunity to present the country, not only in sporting terms, but also in terms of tourism, culture and economy, with a greater contribution to the creation of jobs (especially temporary) and the collection of significant revenues in terms of turnover.
In Italy, the sports events market is highly concentrated, more than three quarters of the turnover comes from football, to the detriment of other sports, and generates considerable turnover thanks to the growing interest of both individuals and the public in sport.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages