Short-term rental must be understood for a period ranging from from the day to 1 year in general .
Since the crisis, customers have gradually demanded this type of contract in order not to pay heavy penalties when a long-term contract is terminated, particularly when they suffer from a loss of business The market for short-term rental of handling equipment grew by 3% in 2016 .
The forklift segment in this market is growing at 15% per year from 2012 to 2016, with a growth rate of Turnover of 18 million euros in 2016.
The biggest names in the domain have therefore logically opted for short-term and even very short-term rental, such as Jungheinrich or Still which offer forklift truck rentals by the hour .
Forklift truck rental is an extremely dynamic professional market. About 35,000 such equipment would be leased in France every year and the market is held by about 35 companies ranging from small SMEs to global giants such as Nissan or Toyota
The market is relatively stable even if no overall statistical data is available. Large groups are buzzing with mergers and acquisitions and partnerships, proof that the market is stirring up envy 70 to 80% of new forklifts in France are in fact rented as LOA or Long Term Lease with maintenance contract.
The development of equipment rental has been accompanied by greater flexibility for companies.
This phenomenon, as well as the increase in the use of low-cost forklifts, are two major trends in a market where product innovation is strong.
The main market opportunities for forklift trucks can be grouped into five main categories :
- Construction and public works;
- The agricultural sector;
- Manufacturing industry;
Illustration of a "classic" forklift truck:
Handling equipment refers to all machinery and logistical tools used to transport or support loads requiring physical effort. As a result, the market for the rental of handling equipment covers all rental services for forklift trucks, hand trucks, pallet trucks, etc
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The short term forklift rental market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages