The Serious Game Market | France
1.1 Presentation and definition of the serious games market
The serious game is" is software that combines a serious intention, of an educational, informative, communicational, marketing, ideological or training nature, with playful elements from video games "as defined in Julian Alvarez and Olivier Rampnoux
According to the the Ministry of National Education the serious game is a "training, communication and simulation tool that is a useful extension of video games for professionals" .
There are 4 main applications of the serious games are present in the world ( Allied Market Research ) :
- Training simulations which is the first global application segment;
- Advertising the second largest application segment in the world;
- The research and the planning internal to the company;
- The human resources to integrate serious games into recruitment processes .
Recently, PwC launched a serious game called "GameChangers" in May 2019 to give a new boost to its appeal among young graduates and thus find the best talent
Using a Serious game is also a way to infuse a new, younger image based on playful, digital solutions that rewards soft skills, as noted exclusiverh.com
This is one of the many examples that reflect the appeal and growth of the serious game, which is becoming more and more popular with a wide variety of players and fields.
The serious games market in the world is growing exponentially.
This tool was created in the United States in 2002 and has since been increasingly successful in most developed countries. Global growth forecasts between 2018 and 2023 are impressive according to Meetari with a a 5-fold increase in the market expected by 2023 to €17 billion
According to the Allied Market Research which provides less optimistic market forecasts that Meetari has 9.1 billion dollars by 2023 the region of the world that will experience the greatest growth in the serious games market by 2023 will be the south America, Africa and Middle East region with an average annual growth rate of 23.9%.
The main factors driving the growth of the global market are the increased need for user involvement in all companies, the growth in the use of mobile educational games and the improvement of learning outcomes.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months