The flea market refers to the trade in old and used objects: it also refers to the shops where this trade is carried out and the popular fairs where professionals set up their own stands on Sundays and public holidays. The flea market activity is therefore characterised by the following characteristics resale of non-new movable property . In France, the largest flea market takes place in the city centre of Lille with nearly 10,000 exhibitors in September, as well as in Amiens in spring and autumn. The flea market is to be distinguished from garage sales, which are essentially composed of private individuals and can constitute unfair competition against flea markets
The flea market is now being damaged by the circular economy and collaborative economy but also by the online sale of second-hand antique items symbolized by the success of the marketplace and the advertising site The Good Corner in France. Competition is also present from the social and solidarity economy brands, the purchase and sale and deposit and sale stores. The actors of the flea market are essentially small size in France and are very localized This can benefit emerging online competition that is more global and inclusive.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The second-hand goods market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages