1.1 Presentation and definition of the office property market
The real estate development activity consists of the design and construction of real estate assets residential or non-residential, in order to sell them to purchasers who will then rent or use them directly. It must be distinguished from the activity of land development (developer, land developer) which aims to acquire large amounts of vacant land, then divide it into subdivisions to install many infrastructures (sewer, water...). Real estate development therefore includes all the means and actions implemented to acquire land , build a building and finally have it acquired by a customer
The real estate development market can be segmented into:
- Goods intended for the accommodation (collective buildings, individual houses...)
- Goods intended for to companies (offices, restaurants, shops, warehouses, factories, hotels...)
- Goods intended for leisure and/or to the public (gymnasiums, swimming pools, stadiums, hospitals, town halls...)
This study will focus on the construction and development of office buildings in France. There are many indicators that can be used to describe the activity of the office property sector. We will focus primarily on the amount of annual investments, the average price of investments per m², the average rent per m², as well as the demand placed.
The French market is located in on a positive trend and the investment levels are increasing in the few years following the crisis
The market has the particularity of being intrinsically linked to macroeconomic factors . More than the return to growth, the market is also partly driven by more direct factors such as the increase in the number of business centre spaces
It is also a relatively small market cyclical concentrating investments in the fourth quarter of each year and with most of its business in the Île-de-France region It is also important to note that the demand for office real estate comes from several institutions on the one hand, of the investment funds acquire buildings, new or second-hand, and rent them out; on the other hand, of companies rent or buy offices directly according to their needs and activity
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The real estate market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages