the real estate development market
The real estate development activity consists of the design and construction of real estate assets residential or not, in order to sell them to buyers who will then rent them out or use them directly. It must be distinguished from the activity of land development (developer, land developer) which aims to acquire large amounts of vacant land, then divide it into subdivisions to install many infrastructures (sewer, water...). Real estate development therefore includes all the means and actions implemented to acquire land , build a building and finally have it acquired by a customer
The real estate development market can be segmented into:
- Goods intended for the accommodation (multiple dwelling, detached house...)
- Goods intended for to companies (offices, restaurants, shops, warehouses, factories, hotels...)
- Goods intended for leisure and/or to the public (gymnasiums, swimming pools, stadiums, hospitals, town halls...)
The global real estate market is mainly driven by United States and some cities in the world mainly in North America, Europe and Asia
The french market is growing . The majority of promoters' sales (in volume terms) concern housing for home ownership or investment
The real estate development market is largely dependent on several factors, including the demand from the private and public sector the level of the public subsidies , the credit rate granted or the household financial situation in the case of purchases of private homes.
Recently, it has been the warehouse segment which is booming while the demand for office construction has much lower rates. It is also necessary to include the many investments in residencies (such as senior residences) or, in the new technologies allowing you to better visualize a property, such as a 3D virtual visit. It is also important to focus on the legal context who wishes to encourage rental investment
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months