The rapeseed is an annual yellow flowering plant, usually grown for the production of edible oil and agrofuels. Together with sunflower and olive tree, rapeseed is one of the three most recognized vegetable edible oils in Europe. The use of rapeseed can be intended for human food , à animal feed (rapeseed meal, rapeseed oil, forage rapeseed), to a industrial use but also to the manufacture of green manure and to agrofuels .
France remains the leading European producer of rapeseed with a production area of more than one million hectares. European rapeseed production represents more than 20 million tonnes per year, and has been increasing in recent years.
The rapeseed market is particularly important focused This is particularly true in France, where the sector is structured around around around ten breeders and around thirty producers, controlling and coordinating almost the entire market. However, the rapeseed market value chain includes more stakeholders, who surround producers and breeders; processing into vegetable oil or distribution are essential links to be taken into account in the market.
To maintain their leadership in international competition, French players in the rapeseed market rely on the following certified seeds , to the yields higher. To achieve ever higher levels of performance and quality, spending on R granted by the canola market players are increasing every year and suggest that many innovations over the next few years.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The rapeseed market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages