the portfolio management market
The portfolio management (or financial asset management) refers to the activity of capital management (owned or managed by third parties) by applying the investment principles and instructions of the owner of the managed assets with the aim of obtaining the highest possible return, based on predefined levels of risk.
There are different asset management methods in France:
- Equity management
- Management of interest rate products
- Diversified management
- Alternative management
The main stakeholders present on the global asset management market are mostly American such as BlackRock, Vanguard AM and BNY Mellon IM. New companies are entering the market leadership through mergers and acquisitions who participate in the concentration of the market: this is the case of Amundi, the leading European asset manager that integrated the outstanding amounts of Pioneer Investments acquired from Italy's UniCredit.
29 management companies are domiciled in France among the 400 largest companies in the world with some bank and insurance subsidiaries This is the case for Axa, BNP Paribas, La Banque Postale and Groupama AM. Faced with these financial mastodons, some of them independent asset management specialists are doing well, such as Carmignac Gestion and Comgest.
After experiencing difficulties due to the consequences of the 2008 financial crisis, asset management assets under management in France continue to grow each year but remain subject to the various financial risks and regulations that impact the financial markets every day.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months