The organic bread is made from cereals from organic farming, thus respecting precise criteria linked to environmental protection: organic bread is produced in an artisanal or industrial way according to traditional or more modern baking methods such as the making of bread in raw dough or pre-baked bread.
The global market for organic bread should gain momentum with the growing demand for natural and organic products and the growing awareness of health problems linked to the consumption of artificial ingredients present in particular in bread. Organic breads must pass all labelling, storage and processing tests and comply with the ingredient standards suggested in national regulations to be "certified". The high consumption of organic bakery products in Europe should set the tone for a very strong growth in the organic bread market.
The market for organic bread and organic flour in France is estimated at a few hundred million euros in France and it would recover a multitude of actors : classic and traditional bakeries, supermarkets, giants of the food industry, local craftsmen, etc. The numerous takeovers, such as that of Biofournil by Cavac, testify to a market for organic bread in pregnant concentration where the small actors still try to do their best. However, some alternatives to organic bread are emerging and can slow or even compete with the growth of the organic bread market.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The organic bread market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages