1.1. Presentation and market definition
Optical fibre, a technology that has long been mastered, particularly in underwater telecommunications cables, is becoming the main technology for Internet access. This allows data rates to circulate that are unequalled by other technologies currently on the market (ADSL, satellite), both in transmission and in reception.
To make this technology operational for as many people as possible, it is therefore necessary to deploy these fibre optic cables to every home and house that may need them. Thus, the French government has established several guidelines as part of its France Très Haut Débit plan, which is expected to link the whole country to fibre by 2022.
The optical fibre market is therefore undeniably a very rapidly developing sector, now and in the coming years. French manufacturers are also Europe's leading specialists in the production of optical fibre cables. However, there are some limiting factors, such as the threat of foreign competition, particularly from China, the risk of a lack of production capacity for this major plan, or technological competition linked to the advent of 5G.
Finally, on the side of access providers, the four major French operators have obviously seized this opportunity, and are more or less equitably preparing for the deployment of fibre, mainly over the last few kilometres of deployment (connection of housing).
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The optical fibre market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages