the online dating market
A dating site is an online site designed to allow people to meet new individuals, generally with the aim of establishing a personal connection or a romantic and non romantic relationship.
Today there are a number of variants of online dating websites, depending on the customs and traditions of the territory in which they develop. In fact, the functioning and purpose of dating sites varies enormously at a geographical level (e.g. USA vs. China). On the other hand the mechanism of meeting sites generally seems to remain constant, based on the necessity to register and create a profile, where to add personal and private information, which will often act as a medium for starting a meeting. Most services offer digital messaging, while others provide additional services such as webcasting, online chat, telephone chat (VOIP) and message boards.
After a period of slow growth between 2012 and 2015, the dating market has experienced a new life and seems to be surfing on connectivity as well as on the large number of singles in France. Moreover, singles are less and less reluctant to find love online. Although, while demand is growing on the territory, the French offer is increasingly being challenged by foreign players entering the market, such as the German group Affinitas, owner of Elite Rencontre, which recently acquired AttractiveWorld, or Lovoo, an application of German origin as well.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)