1.1 Definition and presentation
The underwear market is a sub-segment of the wider apparel market, and it is distinguished in women's and men's underwear. Men's lingerie encompasses several product categories, including:
- Briefs or shorts
The industry is showing positive signs globally with an impressive turnover. In Italy, underwear, like the rest of the clothing sector, is highly segmented, identifying three clearly different categories: luxury, middle-end and low-cost. Each category covers a specific niche market and targets a specific audience. The influence of social media and advertising partners is also extremely significant in men's underwear, in addition to the proliferation of distribution channels with the advent of e-commerce which is progressively occupying a larger market share.
A dynamic segment, the big brands of women's lingerie are extending their offer also to men and new brands dedicated to men's lingerie, often with a niche positioning (for example "Made in Italy"), are entering this market.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 3 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages