the men's underwear market
The underwear market is a sub-segment of the wider apparel market, and it is distinguished in women's and men's underwear. Men's lingerie encompasses several product categories, including:
- Briefs or shorts
Men's lingerie is mainly distributed in large and medium-sized stores, in the form of batches, although relevant is also the growth of online sales. Similarly to the global lingerie market, the men's lingerie segment is growing. The supply of men's underwear is expanding and men are spending an increasing amount of money on underwear.
Consumption habits also differ greatly by age, for example, the older consumers are, the more likely they are to prefer underpants over boxers. Similarly, it is interesting to note that younger generations are more likely to take care of their looks and have average budgets that are closer to those of women. Although the main drivers of purchase are comfort and practicality, the aspect of "seduction" is becoming more and more important to motivate a purchase of men's lingerie.
The segment is dynamic, as proof the major brands of women's lingerie are also expanding their offerings to men and new brands dedicated to men's lingerie, often with niche positioning ("Made in France" for example), are entering.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 3 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months