Content of the study

Available languages

MARKET OVERVIEW

1.1 Definition and scope of study

The men’s razor market is a sub-segment of the men’s health and beauty market. The razor is a device used by men mainly for shaving facial hair. In particular, the straight razor – also known as coupe-choux – is a large blade, entirely bare, used by hairdressers or passionate amateurs. On the other hand, in a safety razor only a portion of the blade is exposed. The men’s razor market can be segmented according to product type (cartridge, disposable, or electric), distribution channel, and geographical area.

The global men’s care market size was estimated at $10.2 billion in 2018, and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% during the period 2019-2025.

A Gillette survey showed that 50% of Italian men shave at least three times a week: of these, 11% use the blade daily, and 7% even several times in a day. When it comes to the choice of shaving tools, 80% use wet razors, while the remaining 20% prefer electric ones. In driving this choice, the time available plays a relevant part, as 35% of the respondents shave in less than 5 minutes and 41% in 10 minutes at most: too short time for a good shave with a bowl and a brush, reserved for holidays, when time flows more slowly, and we take care of ourselves.

Given the trends highlighted above, it is possible to infer that the Italian men’s razor market is highly fragmented, and many products are sold to fulfil the different needs and preferences of all consumers. Gillette and Wilkinson are the major player in such market, therefore Italian consumers count especially on imported products from the United States and United Kingdom. However, the provision of innovative blades and razors by those companies allows to raise huge interest in the market for such products, therefore it is easy to understand why the sector is bound to grow.

ANALYSIS OF THE DEMAND

MARKET STRUCTURE

ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER

REGULATION

POSITIONING OF THE ACTORS

To keep reading, buy the full research

What is in this market study?

  • What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
  • What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
  • What are the latest trends in this market?
  • What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
  • How do companies in the market differ from each other?
  • Access company mapping and profiles.
  • Data from several dozen databases

  • This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
  • Consult an example PDF or online
  • Recent reviews ★★★★☆ 
Buy this market study 89€

Availability within 10 business days

Method

Data
Analysts 1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
Method
Control

Analysts

  • Top Universities
  • Expert opinion

Data

  • Databases
  • Press
  • Company reports

Control

  • Continuously updated
  • Permanent watch

Method

  • Synthetic structure
  • Standardized charts

Analysts

Hugo S.

chargé d'études économiques, Xerfi

Hugo S.

Hugo S. logo 1 Hugo S. logo 2
Mathieu Luinaud

Associate Consultant

Mathieu Luinaud

Mathieu Luinaud logo 1 Mathieu Luinaud logo 2
Education Formation
Robin C.

PhD Industrial transformations

Robin C.

Robin C. logo 1 Robin C. logo 2
Pierre D.

Analyst

Pierre D.

Pierre D. logo 1 Pierre D. logo 2
Arnaud W.
Linkedin logo

Ross Alumni Club France

Arnaud W.

Arnaud W. logo 1 Arnaud W. logo 2
Amaury de Balincourt
Linkedin logo

Analyste de marché chez Businesscoot

Amaury de Balincourt

Amaury de Balincourt logo 1 Amaury de Balincourt logo 2
Pierrick C.

Consultant

Pierrick C.

Pierrick C. logo 1 Pierrick C. logo 2
Maelle V.

Project Finance Analyst, Consulting

Maelle V.

Héloise Fruchard

Etudiante en Double-Diplôme Ingénieur-Manager Centrale

Héloise Fruchard

Héloise Fruchard logo 1 Héloise Fruchard logo 2
Imane E.

EDHEC

Imane E.

Imane E. logo 1 Imane E. logo 2
Vincent D.

Auditeur

Vincent D.

Vincent D. logo 1 Vincent D. logo 2
Eva-Garance T.

Eva-Garance T.

Eva-Garance T. logo 1 Eva-Garance T. logo 2
Michela G.

Market Research Analyst

Michela G.

Michela G. logo 1 Michela G. logo 2
Azelie P.

Market Research Analyst @Businesscoot

Azelie P.

Azelie P. logo 1 Azelie P. logo 2
Cantiane G.

Market Research Analyst @Businesscoot

Cantiane G.

Cantiane G. logo 1 Cantiane G. logo 2
Jules D.

Consultant

Jules D.

Jules D. logo 1 Jules D. logo 2
Alexia V.

Alexia V.

Emil Ohlsson

Emil Ohlsson

Anna O.

Anna O.

Gabriel S.

Gabriel S.