1.1 Definition and presentation
A cosmetic includes any substance used to clean, moisturize or alter a person's skin, hair, nails or teeth.
Cosmetics can be divided into two macro-categories:
- Beauty products: e.g. makeup, perfume, skin cream.
- Care products: e.g. shampoo, soap, deodorant.
In addition, most products can be distinguished according to the end user, classifying cosmetics into feminine and masculine. The distinction that appears clearer and more outlined for some specific products (e.g. shaving razors) is gradually fading in favor of new unisex product lines.
In Italy, the cosmetics market has shown an incredible performance in recent years, thanks to the positive perception of the country of origin. In fact, both production and export have recorded an annual percentage increase since 2009. As far as men's cosmetics are concerned, the sector has recently been experiencing remarkable performances - positioning itself as a leading segment of the market - stimulated by the growing attention paid to facial and body care, which also comes from the men's population. Moreover, the progressive increase in interest in the environment and health is expected to have an impact on male beauty in the organic channel.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages