1.1 General presentation and definition
L’ ANSM defines a medical device (MD) as "an instrument, apparatus, equipment or software intended by its manufacturer for use in humans for such purposes as diagnosis, prevention, control, treatment, mitigation of disease or injury" . In this study, we will use either "medical devices" or "medical devices" to refer to these products.
The schematic above, presented by Qualitiso, exhaustively summarizes the definition of a DM according to the European Directive 93/42/EEC.
The market for medical devices is strictly controlled by European and French regulations. The various products are divided into 4 classes according to their level of dangerousness (level of potential risks taking into account the vulnerability of the human body):
- Class I: low risk;
- Class II-a : medium risks ;
- Class II-b: high risk;
- Class III: critical risks.
DMs are a heterogeneous category e grouping a multitude of products ( between 800,000 and 2,000,000,000 of references in France according to HAS Health ). The different products can therefore be segmented according to their use as follows ( Financière d'Uzès ) :
- DM for individual use (hospital equipment, anaesthetic and respiratory devices, etc.);
- Equipment (non-active implants, dental equipment...) ;
- In vitro diagnosis (pregnancy tests, glucose meters...) ;
- E-Health (Real-time monitoring of physiological parameters at home).
As for the rental of medical equipment It is offered to health care institutions by specialized companies. In France, clients are therefore generally public structures (or semi-public) and must therefore go through calls for tenders to rent equipment. By browsing the site The Central Market Office which lists calls for tenders, we observe the different types of clients for the rental of medical equipment: hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, offices of nurses, social action centres, etc.
The main types of equipment rented to health facilities are thus "durable" equipment (hospital beds, patient lifts, wheelchairs, respiratory assistance equipment, etc.), electronic diagnostic equipment, equipment for home consultations, as well as surgical equipment.
Source : Transparency Market Research - Businesscoot processing
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The medical rental market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages