Medical gases are mainly used in hospitals. They make it possible to treat, relieve pain, anesthetize and improve respiratory function.
The medical gases sub-segment is included in the broader segment "Medical gases" industrial gas manufacturing "whose French nomenclature corresponds to the code NAF 20.11Z Industrial gases are defined by New Plant like manufactured gases, resulting from air distillation . These include, for example oxygen, nitrogen, argon, helium, hydrogen, carbon dioxide and other rare gases . Thanks to their physical and chemical properties, they are used in most industrial sectors: health (therapeutic gases for anaesthesia, intensive care, pneumology, surgery, etc.), food processing (soft drinks for example), metallurgy, electronics, petrochemistry, etc.
According to the ANSM there are two categories of medical gases
- Medicinal gases considered as medicines (oxygen for example);
- Medical device gases such as carbon dioxide for laparoscopy.
The medical gases market is dominated by international industrial groups, leaving little room for new entrants The various players in the medical gases sector favour international growth, which involves the conquering emerging markets and great efforts to R .
The French medical gas market, according to our approximations (which we detail later in the study), amounts to several hundred million dollars in 2017.
The french market leader is Air Liquide Santé - France, an Air Liquide subsidiary specializing in the manufacture of medical gases. Air Liquide Santé generated revenue of €163 million in 2016. The main challenge for medical gas producers is to be able to adapt to the various contemporary issues such as the increase in chronic diseases or global warming
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The Medical Gas Market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages