The market for the delivery of meals to the home
1.1 Definition and scope of the study
The Meals on Wheels sector, burgeoning in recent years, has totally disrupted consumer habits of the French. It is a market that brings together different types of players: bicycle deliveries of restaurant dishes, catering services, restaurants with their own delivery staff, etc.
Today, meals-on-wheels delivery is no longer just for hamburgers, pizzas and sushi, but has also opened up to a wide range of restaurants This meets the new expectations of consumers who want to have new culinary experiences, eat healthier and order in a simple and fast way. However, the market has more difficulty in taking off in France than in the Anglo-Saxon countries, because it is not in French culture to have ready-made meals delivered to one's home; the players tend to target the youngest, or generation Z who are more receptive to this type of consumption.
If a few actors stand out as Deliveroo, Uber Eats or Just Eat the market continues to evolve with the emergence of new actors as in the case of the supermarket chains who are embarking on the delivery of home-prepared meals, or ghost restaurants (virtual restaurants only available via the Internet for online delivery).
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months