1.1 Definition and presentation
The market for dental prosthetics or dental implants concerns the production and distribution of equipment for the functional and aesthetic restoration of teeth. There are three different solutions aimed at solving the total or partial lack of teeth:
- Fixed prosthesis
- Mobile prosthesis
In the following study both fixed and mobile implants are grouped under the nomenclature of dental prosthetics or implants. The prostheses are made manually or with CAD (Computer-Aided Design) systems. We identify different types of dental prostheses available on the market:
- Metal prosthetics
- Synthetic resin prosthetics
- Ceramic prosthetics (with or without metal frame)
- Zirconia prosthesis
The European market for dentures is dominated by Germany and Italy, which have a large number of laboratories producing dentures. The Italian dental sector is driven by the rapid development of new technologies, at the top of all categories, the best performance is recorded by prosthetics. The number of laboratories has remained fairly stable in recent years, but the percentage of those using digital solutions is growing, undoubtedly making the scenario more competitive at the expense of traditional laboratories.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages