1.1 Market definition
The market for luxury women's clothing includes outer coats and jackets, blazers, suits, dresses and skirts, trousers, sweatshirts and blouses. We exclude from this market leather goods, accessories such as watches and jewellery but also cosmetics and perfumes.
The women's luxury clothing sector has shown a certain dynamism in recent years. Strong growth was observed, both in the French market and especially in exports, where French brands performed very well.
The three dominant trends in the global luxury market are the globalization the consolidation and the diversification . Consolidation involves strong external growth by large companies and the presence of major brands in many luxury product segments
This is the case for LVMH, Richemont and Kering, which dominate the market in fields ranging from luxury drinks to cosmetics and watches, for example.
The main source of growth in the luxury clothing market remains China and its upper-middle class with high purchasing power.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The luxury women's clothing market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages