the licensed toys market
1.1 Definition and scope of study
Many toy manufacturers use well-known names, usually from film and animation studios to increase their sales. Licensed toys thus include all products for which a contract for the transfer of rights of use of the brand has been signed between one company and another.
In practice, the main licensed toys have the appearance of Disney, Marvel or Pixar heroes, but also Harry Potter or Pokémon to name but a few. They can be found in all categories of toys, constructions, dolls, plush toys, figurines..
This study will focus on so-called "traditional" toys and games, i.e. we will include, for example, board games in this study, but we will exclude licensed video games, which are the main competitors of toys.
In a declining French toy market, licensed products are resisting this trend and are becoming increasingly important each year among all children's products. Major toy manufacturers therefore make extensive use of licences to support the sales of their products, the Lego case being an example.
Nevertheless, the poor prospects for the toy market in general over the next five years may hinder the progress of licensed toys partly due to the development of video games and other smartphone and tablet gaming applications.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months