the jewellery market
1.1 Definition and presentation
Jewelry sector identifies the set of production processes that lead to the creation of accessories and precious ornaments. In fact, in ancient times, the jewel had a symbolic value, often religious or spiritual, and was represented mostly by amulets or good luck charms. A meaning that, over time, has changed radically, but that continues to identify the jewel as a symbol of beauty and status, meanings not too far from its original value.
The jewelry industry is mainly driven by certain product categories:
The jewelry market in the strict sense of the word, which includes only ornaments made from precious materials, continues to show a positive trend in Italy, despite the negative trend at a global level. In fact, in recent years, the jewelry industry is experiencing unsatisfactory performances, due mainly to the rising price of used metals, the advent of the web and the evolution of purchasing habits, which today are based on more attention to customization. Design and personalization continue to conquer many industries. In Italy, on the other hand, the jewelry sector seems to be slowly recovering, driven especially by growing internal demand.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months