1.1 Presentation and market definition
The hunt is an essentially rural activity in France, rather practiced by people over 40 on average. The transmission of this practice is difficult to achieve to the youngest populations as it is legally necessary apply for an official permit in order to buy a hunting rifle and practice hunting in France.
The shotgun is a long-barrelled firearm The smooth core and composed of a shoulder stock, the use of which is almost exclusively intended for hunting small and large game. To a lesser extent, these weapons have a sporting use, in particular the use related to ball-trap . Different types of shotguns can be distinguished on the market according to the type of gun core (smooth or rifled barrel) and according to their mechanism.
The smoothbore barrel is the historical hunting rifle gun used to fire hunting weights (multiple projectiles placed in the same ammunition) while the rifled barrel is less frequently considered a hunting rifle because it allows a single bullet ammunition shot offering greater accuracy and range The rifled barrel is popular in areas where the use of the hunting rifle is banned (This is the case, for example, in sports where guns are used).
In France, the number of hunters is decreasing over time, but this trend is offset by an average shopping basket per hunter that is growing, which reduces the market decline. The regulations in this market are very strict (hunting licence required to purchase a rifle and controlled sale), however, the rise of informal sales of hunting rifles and the fact that a minority of hunters in France have a licence undermines the ongoing professionalization of this market.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The hunting rifle market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages