According to INSEE, is considered as a "holiday village" any accommodation complex that is the subject of a global exploitation of a commercial or non-commercial nature, intended to provide holiday and leisure stays according to a fixed price including the provision of meals or individual means to prepare them and the use of community facilities for sports and cultural leisure activities ».
Historically, the democratization of holiday villages has been achieved with the emergence of 5-week paid holidays in France in the 1970s. In the 1990s, the offer became multifaceted, whether it be from private companies, non-profit organizations or mutuals and works councils.
The holiday village market can rely on the tourist attractiveness of France a increased attendance
The diversity of formulas and locations where are located its holiday villages allow to address a large diversity of population segments, who often uses holiday vouchers to pay for their stay. The clientele being largely family oriented and attracted by formulas including a large number of services and activities
With the help of a favourable tax framework, the different actors of the holiday villages are looking to a attract new owners for their housing, going so far as to encourage them to invest in energy renovation projects that make it easier to upgrade their infrastructure
However, the holiday village market has to face the enormous competition from housing solutions from private individuals to private individuals (Airbnb) and renew its offers to take advantage of the trend towards holidays without particular and environmentally friendly activities, known as "slow", without compromising the quality of the stays
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The holiday village market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages