1.1 Introduction and market definition
Being a hairdresser is a profession that consists of performing various hygienic and aesthetic care operations on the hair, in a hair salon or directly at the customer's home. Whether it is a cut, a colouring, a perm, or the addition of strands, the hairdresser provides stylistic advice and performs the treatments.
Working in a more specific setting, the home hairdresser is a professional who maintains an activity similar to that of a hairdresser in a traditional salon. However, it has no fixed installation, no heavy or sophisticated equipment and it moves by its own means at the client's place of residence (house, apartment, spa house, etc.).
The lack of equipment partially restricts him in his activities but he can perfectly ensure the usual services provided by hairdressers (straightening, cutting, colouring, hair care, etc.). The home hairdresser can also sell products to his customers.
In a context of decrease in the number of people using traditional hairdressing salons and a decline in interest in initial training (the French CAP), the home hairdressing market is growing in parallel with the evolution of consumption habits and working methods (uberisation of the sector) facing increased competition, centred on the price factor.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The Hairdressing Market at Home - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages