1.1 Presentation and definition
Groundnuts, or peanuts, are legumes born under soil from the cultivation of their plant. Contrary to common knowledge or the possible confusion caused by the name, peanuts are not nuts, but they are associated with the family of dried fruit and nuts because of their similar benefits and energetic intake.
Peanuts are believed to be originally from South America and are currently cultivated in different parts of the world, still though bounded to climate and soil requirements. Groundnut cultivation is indeed not popular among European countries, which are consequently large importers of the seed.
There are four basic market types of peanuts:
- Runner (dominant type, most used for peanut butter)
- Virginia (account for most of the roasted peanuts)
- Spanish (typically used for candies)
- Valencia (very sweet and usually roasted)
In France, groundnut consumption more than doubled over the period 2010-2016, but import dependency is not decreasing.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The groundnut market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages