the Food Supplement Market
Emblematic of the rise of nutrition and health, dietary supplements have been increasingly popular for several years in segments as diverse as slimming, sleep stress, digestion, circulation and even solar energy. In France, the food supplement market is growing as a result of growing household health concerns, an aging population and the positive image of natural products. However, the French market for food supplements seems to be changing rapidly. The increase in legislation and the expenditure required for advanced clinical studies have the logical consequence of penalising SMEs and other young innovative companies against pharmaceutical giants, not to mention new entrants from the agri-food, pharmaceutical and cosmetics sectors. This upheaval in trends is also reflected in distribution, with the emergence of health and organic stores and, above all, the rise of direct sales, a dynamic channel composed of a multitude of small brands and websites. Finally, on the demand side, the ageing of the population and the concern of Europeans for their well-being suggest that the food supplement market in France has a large margin for growth, particularly in terms of phytotherapy and micronutrition.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months