1.1 Market definition
The cut flower market includes several players, including producers , the wholesalers and the specialty stores Most bouquets of cut flowers, picked or offered, can be kept for about a week, although some varieties can be kept for up to 15 days. Cut flowers are most often used for interior decoration such as ornamentation at funerals and in cemeteries
The European market for the consumption of flowers and ornamental plants represents a large part of world consumption. These are the Netherlands, United Kingdom and Denmark which are the largest consumers, relative to the number of inhabitants. In the foliage market, the cut flower segment occupies a prominent place followed by the living plants segment
It should also be noted that the increasing importance of emerging countries in the production of cut flowers due to favourable climatic conditions , of the aggressive pricing policies and progress in terms of transport (particularly maritime). Moreover, the geographical expansion of production and the development of logistics solutions emissions, particularly long-distance transport capacity, are the main factors driving the cut flower market
According to our estimates, the French cut flower market is dominated by the interior design segment Then come the segments of plants for cemetery and funeral plants. The majority of French imports of cut flowers come from the Netherlands, even if their production could be carried out in another country (Africa, South America)
The French market is stimulated by the development of new distribution methods online such as the rise of subscriptions, "boxes" or "clicks" mechanisms
Finally, the French market can rely on the growing sensitivity of some consumers to the consumption of local products, and in this case cut flowers produced in France. Moreover, the label "Flowers of France" was set up to promote "made in France", the use of short circuits and a season production . However, many people face the price argument will prefer to buy cheaper imported foreign productions
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The flower market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages