The elevator is a mobile device that allows people or objects to move on a predefined axis within a vertical construction. Elevators can be used in two different ways:
- Use on a small number of floors in public places such as subway stations, stations or stores. However, this use faces competition from escalators, which allow a faster flow while reducing waiting times.
- Use on a large number of floors in residential buildings and office buildings/ skyscrapers but also in car parks, hotels and hospitals. This use is less affected by competition from escalators because the elevator is faster (speed proportional to the height of skyscraper towers) and generally allows a greater number of people to be transported.
According to the Federation of Elevators (FA), the elevator market in France represents a figure of more than 2 to 3 billion euros for more than 500,000 elevators installed. The number of elevators in France is ageing (more than 50% of the elevators are more than twenty-five years old and 25% more than forty years old). The market challenge is therefore also linked to the modernisation, maintenance/maintenance and repair of lifts.
The elevator market in France, which is particularly concentrated, is dominated by the French subsidiaries of the four world majors: the American Otis, the German ThyssenKrupp, the Finnish Kone and the Swiss Schindler. In addition to these groups that control the entire value chain, from manufacturing to maintenance and modernization, many VSE-SMEs operate on a local scale.
The numerous takeovers reflect a highly concentrated elevator market, with world leaders internalising maintenance and repair activities. Finally, the future of the elevator market in France will depend greatly on the regulation of safety work on the installed base.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The elevator market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages