1.1 Presentation and market definition
An electric vehicle is a vehicle propelled by one or more electric motors. The latter is supplied by a fuel cell, an accumulator battery or an internal combustion engine generator. Some cars run on electricity only, but there are also hybrid electric vehicles that run partially on electricity. (Statista)
The term "vehicle" encompasses several product categories, including electric and hybrid cars, electric two-wheelers (bicycles, motorcycles, scooters, etc.), but also electric buses or electric commercial vehicles. Particular attention will be paid in this study to fully electric vehicles.
Facing the development of environmental concerns, the electric vehicle appears to be a solution for the future and the market seems to benefit from a particularly favourable conjuncture, with the proliferation of new models, the fall of battery prices, innovative technologies, massive government support, etc.
The electric vehicles' market is currently proving to be dominated by a small number of manufacturers worldwide who leaves little room for new entrants. The strategies of the different market players are diverging in terms of preferred technologies, range levels and production models.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The Electric Vehicle Market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages