1.1 Definition and scope of the study
An electric vehicle is a vehicle powered by one or more electric motors. These are powered by a fuel cell, a storage battery or an internal combustion engine generator. There are cars that run solely on electric power, but there are also hybrid electric vehicles, which run partially on electric power.
The term "vehicle" encompasses several product categories, including electric and hybrid cars, electric two-wheelers (bicycles, motorcycles, scooters, etc.), electric buses and electric utility vehicles. In this study, we will focus on electric and hybrid cars.
The important elements that characterize an electric vehicle are the following
- Recharging that works with a cable through which alternating current flows
- The converter which transforms the alternating current of the network into direct current
- The battery that stores the current in several cells and redirects this same current to one or more electric motors
- The transmission: the electric gearbox has no gearbox because the electric motors are capable of turning up to several tens of thousands of revolutions per minute
- Regenerative braking: when an electric motor turns "in a vacuum", i.e. without being supplied with current (technically when you brake or no longer press the accelerator), it reproduces the current that it recovers.
It is partly thanks to these elements that technical breakdowns are often rarer in electric vehicles
The shift to electric cars is the global industry event of 2020: With nearly 1.4 million electric cars sold in 2020, or 8% of sales, the European market leads the world, and is expected to double to 15% by 2021. In second place is China with 1.3 million electric vehicles sold on its national market, followed by the United States with only 350,000.
France is also the second European country that puts the most rechargeable electric vehicles on the road each year in Europe, thanks to its manufacturers. This shows the will developed by the state system and by the national manufacturers, in order to set up a more ecological and therefore electric traffic.
ANALYSIS OF THE DEMAND
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
POSITIONING OF THE ACTORS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Mise à jour moins d'un an garantie - France
Si votre étude n'a pas été mise à jour dans les 12 derniers mois, elle sera automatiquement ajoutée à notre liste prioritaire de mise à jour suite à votre commande.
Une fois votre paiement validé, vous recevrez la version actuelle ainsi que la mise à jour dans les 20 jours ouvrés.
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The electric vehicle market - France
Publicado en 27/06/2022 by Nina Boissin - TNP Consultants