Dietetic foods are part of one of the four segments of the global nutrition-health market Other segments are functional foods, natural foods and foods for allergic and intolerant people.
In recent years, this market has seen its trajectory oscillate between declines and rebounds, only to finally enter the growth path in 2016 and reach a turnover of several billion euros in 2018. This dynamism is explained by the growing concern of Westerners for their well-being and health, but also by important demographic phenomena such as the stabilization of the number of overweight people and the increase in diabetics in France.
In a fast-growing market, both globally and nationally, new entrants are increasing (notably the majors but also major retailers with the development of private labels) and the phenomenon of concentration is intensifying (via the external growth of many major players in the agri-food industry such as Herta or Danone). Faced with this situation, specialized actors such as Triballat Noyal conquer new niches with the launch of new products such as Sojasun in the biscuit department.
The market for dietetic foods remains today mainly competing with natural products , the homemade , the organic and the gluten-free . Nevertheless, if dietary brands innovate and communicate appropriately about their products and benefits, they may regain ground. The customer acquisition strategies are linked to the creation of new formats and flavours but also to the development of digital ecosystems that support the food offer (development of connected objects and mobile applications for health monitoring and personalized coaching of customers in particular).
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The dietary foods market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages