1.1 Scope of the study and definition
The market for dental prostheses or "dental implants" concerns the manufacture and distribution of devices for the restoration and functional and aesthetic recovery of the teeth. Prostheses are either made manually or with the help of computer-aided design (CAD) systems.
There are different types of prostheses available on the market:
- Metal prostheses
- Synthetic resin prostheses
- Ceramic prostheses (with or without metal framework)
- Zirconia prostheses
The market for dental prostheses is organised in particular around:
- Laboratories (prosthesis design)
- Dental clinics - clients of laboratories
- Patients - final clients
The European market for dental prostheses is dominated by Germany and Italy, which have a large number of laboratories producing prostheses. The next largest countries are Spain and France.
The French market has shown almost no growth for several years and a decline in the number of employees. The sector is dominated by international players established in the country.
France has to face strong international competition, which offers services at lower cost, in particular thanks to computer-aided design, which makes it possible to industrialise certain prosthesis manufacturing processes and sometimes encourages "dental tourism" by patients looking for cheap services.
The market is largely dominated by fixed prostheses, then removable prostheses. But laboratories are increasingly diversifying their expertise and activities.
The market is also very much linked to the health system in force, which may allow the reimbursement of dental prosthesis fitting services. Recent changes in regulations favour preventive care over denture fitting, by capping the amounts reimbursed. This constitutes an additional difficulty for the French market players.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The dental prosthesis market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The Insulin Pump Market - France
A very precise and detailed study of this market, driven by the strong growth of this disease in the world
Hello Amaury, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to read that the content of the study has fully met your expectations. :)
The dental implant market - France
Publicado en 07/01/2022 by Denis Monnoyeur
The study highlights three trends: the dynamism of the market, the concentration of players and the practice of high prices.
Hello Denis, Thank you very much for this very positive review! We are delighted to see that you appreciate our studies and we thank you for the trust you have placed in us.
The Parapharmacy Market - France
Publicado en 07/01/2022 by Client anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
Clear and concise generic study. Well documented. However, I would have liked to see that the actors' files at the end of the report corresponded precisely to those stated in the report.
Hello, Thank you for your feedback on our study. We are planning to update it taking into account your remarks, we will keep you informed as soon as it is available.