1.1 Scope of the study and definition
The market for dental prosthesis or "dental implants" refers to the production and distribution of equipment for the functional and aesthetic restoration of teeth. The prosthesis are made manually or with CAD (Computer-Aided Design) systems.
One can identify different types of dental prosthesis available on the market:
Synthetic resin prosthetics
Ceramic prosthesis (with or without metal frame)
The European market for dental prostheses is dominated by Germany and Italy, which have a large number of laboratories producing prosthesis, followed by France and Spain.The French market, though, has seen almost no growth for several years and a decline in the number of employees in the profession. France faces strong international competition through players that offer services at lower cost, particularly thanks to computer-aided design, which makes it possible to industrialize certain prosthesis manufacturing processes and sometimes encourages "dental tourism" for patients seeking cheap services.
The market is also extremely linked to the current health system, which can provide reimbursement for dental prosthesis services. Recent regulatory changes have focused on preventive care rather than prosthesis installation by capping the amounts reimbursed, which is another difficulty for French market players.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The Dental Prosthesis Market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages