1.1 Presentation and definition of the dental implant market
A dental implant is a artificial metal root A dental implant, implanted in the jawbone, to replace the root of a natural tooth. We can speak of screws for the implant, in which a prosthetic abutment which itself provides the link to the tooth crown . The placement of an implant is therefore inseparable from the placement of the abutment and crown
There are three main categories of dental implants on the market, depending on the material used the i mplants in titanium, at zirconium and ceramic It is also necessary to distinguish between the different locations juxta-osseux (above the bone), endo-osseous (inside the bone), fibro-integrated (connection to the bone via a fibre capsule).
Dental implant manufacturers have as main customers the hospitals and the dental clinics
The the global dental care market, and the dental implant segment, are growing and should remain so for years to come. The European market dominates the world market, followed by the North American market. The region Asia Pacific is very dynamic and has growing needs. Market growth is being driven by the various innovations of the various manufacturers in the sector, but also by the demographics each of the markets
In France, the number of implants placed has increased slightly in recent years It is relatively concentrated around a few major players, who manufacture the majority of implants.. for practitioners, often loyal to one brand rather than another
L' price of services issue of implant placement is key. French market players must face the phenomenon of medical tourism where services are provided at much lower rates. And, the market is very closely linked to the health reforms french and the conditions of repayment. Recently, the "100% Health" reform has made it possible to have a zero charge, which means a significant potential influx of patients on the implant and prosthesis market
Another major trend in the sector, implant manufacturers are tending to diversify their activities to sectors such as the imaging and the orthodontics with the aim of positioning itself as a privileged interlocutor with the firms and their clients.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The dental implant market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages